Change a Community! Invest in a Child!
The simple act of reading to a child once a week can make a huge impact in a child’s life. Would you consider donating an hour a week at Johnson Elementary as a Book Buddy? Join other Broadmoor members as we strategically invest in Johnson Elementary, a school positioned centrally in Jackson’s historic Georgetown neighborhood. By becoming a Book Buddy to a 3rd grade student or Mentoring a 4th or 5th grader, your investment in the life of one child can positively change the trajectory of his or her life and the community as a whole.
Become a Book Buddy for a 3rd Grade Student at Johnson Elementary!
Read weekly with a 3rd grade student at Johnson Elementary to prepare the student for the end of the year statewide reading exam. Material provided.
Mentor a 4th or 5th Grade Student at Johnson Elementary!
Discuss positive values and character traits from a biblical perspective. Material provided.
Registration is now closed. Please contact Samuel Bolen email@example.com for more information.
- When? The time is flexible. You can meet with your student any time during school hours.
- Where? Johnson Elementary School (1339 Oak Park Dr., Jackson, MS 39213)
- How Long? Meet for 25-30 minutes a week.
- Is There a Training Time? Yes, a training date will be posted soon.
- What Are the Program Dates? October 3, 2016 - May 19, 2017
Email Samuel Bolen, Local Missions Pastor, for additional info at firstname.lastname@example.org.