The Student Journal is the official Broadmoor Student Ministry spiritual growth resource. While there is no default way that people grow spiritually, the everyday journal provides guidelines and suggestions for a student to mature in their relationship with Christ.
My Everyday Journal gives the student:
- a reading plan to read through the New Testament in a year, 5 minutes a day, 5 days a week.
- the S.O.A.P. method for reading and understanding the Bible (Scripture, Observation, Application, Prayer)
- a section in which the student can reflect on gifts God has given them
- a section in which the student can write down and process their prayers
- a section in which the student can write down their thoughts
- a section in which the student can keep notes from pastors and event speakers
- a section to assist in memorizing scripture
- a resource to examine friendships
- a resource to assist students with questions about certain topics
While the Student Journal is not the only way to grow, we believe that it is an excellent tool to put our students in a position to grow closer in their relationship with Christ.