Equipping Worship & Media Leaders
Student Worship Equipping • April 2 & May 7 from 5-7PM
We believe in our students! Our desire as a church is to help cultivate, encourage, and grow the unique talents and abilities our students have been gifted with. One of the ways we aim to accomplish this is through Student Worship Equipping.
Student Worship Equipping is a time for the Student Worship team to worship, pray, and grow in their gifting together. Our schedule typically reflects the church's Equipping schedule.
We're always seeking to grow the Student Worship team, so new students are always welcome! In order to know how to best serve those who want to join the team, we like to have a short evaluation prior to the start of the semester with each new student. Evaluations are by appointment only. To schedule an evaluation, contact David Leonard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Worship Tracts
Worship Leadership Tract: Through 1-on-1 instruction, band rehearsals, and master classes, students will learn about the calling and importance of worship leadership within the Church. This is a "high commitment" Equipping time. We want to provide an environment of growth, creativity, and development for students who feel a calling towards worship leadership.
Media Arts Tract: Members from Broadmoor's Media Team work alongside students to help teach and develop creative expression through visual and technical arts, such as lighting, audio engineering, and video filming/editing. If you or your student would like to be involved in Media Arts, contact Michael Bowen at email@example.com.
Students in the Worship Leadership and Media Arts tracts will have opportunities to collaborate with each other and apply what they've learned throughout the semester.
Areas of Training
We currently offer several areas of training for students. All of our areas are taught by qualified, experienced members of Broadmoor's Worship Arts Ministry.
- Acoustic Guitar
- Electric Guitar
- Bass Guitar
- Audio Engineering
- Lighting Design
- Video Production
- LIVE Production
A confession is a statement of faith and conviction that unites people around common beliefs. A confession is also the "true story" behind a situation or person. Our aim is that these would not only be declarations of faith and conviction of who we aspire to be, but they would also be statements of the ''true story'' behind who we actually are as a ministry.
- We believe God, the all-creating One, has uniquely gifted us all with talents and abilities that should be used for edifying and encouraging His Church and expanding His Kingdom.
- We believe leading worship is a calling that should be taken seriously. It isn’t about us and it isn’t about our talents. It’s about leading the Body of Christ in the worship of our God.
- We believe in the power of team. Together, we can achieve great things for the Kingdom. By building a team that is unified, we believe our actions will have a greater impact.
- We desire to stretch ourselves in our creativity. Isaiah 42 says “Sing to the LORD a new song, his praise from the ends of the earth.” We believe God desires for us to sing a new song. We want to find new and creative ways to express our love and adoration to God, all the while declaring His greatness in all the earth."
- We believe in practice and dedication to craft.
- We believe the end goal of creativity is to serve the gospel.
- We know that leadership is for service and not status.
- We choose unity above personal agenda. It is not about ''me'' and ''my'' but rather ''we'' and ''ours''.
- We refuse to be offended by feedback. Instead, we choose to grow and change.
- We honor the platform we’ve been entrusted with by living Godly lives and by serving with uncomplicated, humble spirits.
- We love Jesus above all else. We speak of Him often and we keep His name on our lips.
If you're a student, or the parent of one who may be interested, we would love to hear from you! Contact David Leonard, Worship Development Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how you can get involved.